Unveiling the Voice though the Yoga of Sound with Shanti Shivani
28th November 2015
An Ancient Musical Tradition using Voice, Breath and Movement as a Way of Healing, Empowerment and Self Realization
Sound plays a vital role in all mystical traditions, as it is the bridge between the lower and higher worlds, the unconscious and conscious, the form and the formless. The ancient practice of Nada Yoga, the Yoga of Sound, facilitates the:
• Release of traumas and the clearing of emotions
• Allignment of body, speech and mind
• Development of intuition and creativity
• Tuning into your true Beingness
Participants in this workshop can expect to learn:
• Time-tested body movements and vocal techniques that free your unique, natural voice and help you tap into your authentic Self, so that you can fully express who you are.
• Practices that purify and magnetize the physical and the subtle energy bodies to bring increased creativity, integration and balance.
• Specific musical modes to clear and balance the emotional body.
• Compositions and solkas (sacred verses) in the Dhrupad style of North Indian Classical Music.
• Access the Sacred within by singing chants of various traditions.
• Explore vocal improvisation and your own healing sounds and songs.
Shanti Shivani is a singer, nada yogini, sound healer, internationally acclaimed seminar leader and recording artist. She brings a wealth of vocal, meditative and movement experience to her classes. Since 1981, Shanti has been the disciple of the esteemed Dagar family, masters of Dhrupad, the most ancient style of Hindustani Classical Music. She also
studied various forms of movement disciplines and sound healing with renowned Asian and Western teachers. She currently lives in Eugene, Oregon.
Unveiling the Voice through the Yoga of Sound
Saturday 28th November, 10:00 - 17:00 at Yantra Hall
Refreshments will be provided throughout the day
A two hour lunch break will be taken 13:00 - 15:00
Price: 7,500 THB++
For further information and bookings please contact the Wellness Reception or call ext. 1700. Prices are in Thai baht and subject to a 10% service charge and 7% VAT.