The Seventh Seal Luxury Retreat
Surrounded by nature amongst the rice paddies in Seminyak, The Seventh Seal Luxury Retreat is a boutique wellness retreat with just seven suites and a maximum of 14 guests at any time.
Luxuriously appointed suites, a 25-metre pool, yoga sala, gym, peaceful living areas, hammocks and meditation pods offer you the perfect blend of 5-star facilities and Balinese healing culture.
Your experienced and nurturing retreat team is led by Amanda Bruton, Australian Holistic Lifestyle Coach and advanced yoga teacher. You will benefit from the personal attention of Amanda and her team, who each care about your personal journey.
The villa, including all facilities, trained staff and chefs experienced in organic cuisine, is available for yoga teachers and holistic health practitioners to hire for private groups.
Retreat facilities and spaces
- The villa includes an abundance of facilities and relaxing spaces, all available for you to enjoy during your retreat stay:
- Sparkling 25-metre swimming pool, which forms the centrepiece of the villa. Cushioned sun loungers are dotted around the pool, shaded by red umbrellas. The perfect spot for relaxing in-between retreat activities.
- Open air living, furnished with comfortable sofas, is the ideal place to relax barefoot and enjoy the villa's tropical beauty while listening to your choice of music played over the Sonos sound system. Our popular wellness workshops are held in this quiet space.
- Open air dining is where you will enjoy most of your retreat meals. With a circular dining table for 10, it's the perfect place to mingle before and after meals, getting to know the other guests.
- Yoga sala with timber floors, air-conditioning and ceiling fans. The sala is equipped with yoga mats and bolsters and decorated with Asian artefacts. A tranquil space for yoga practice, meditation and deep relaxation.
- Air-conditioned fully equipped gym with state-of-the-art Life Fitness machines including a treadmill, cross trainer, stationery bike, free weights and boxing ball. Bring along your iPod and motivate your workout with music played over the Bose sound system. The gym has its own bathroom facilities.
- An impressive library is tucked away at the far end of the villa with an enormous L-shaped sofa, 43-inch television, Bose sound system, and collection of books and games. This is a favourite place for guests to retreat for some quiet time or for group activities.
- Media room, with its 62-inch television, DVD player, surround-sound system and expanse of comfortable sofa seating, offers an incredible cinema-like experience.
- Teppanyaki pavilion, featuring a huge teppanyaki grill, counter seating and a sunken lounge. This is where guests enjoy a spectacular seafood teppanyaki dinner on the final night of the retreat. We also host our popular cooking classes and smoothie workshops here.
- Commercial kitchen equipped with quality appliances, a large island bench and an organic wholefoods pantry. Our chefs are trained in organic pescetarian and vegetarian cooking, and are experienced in catering to special dietary requirements. It's also the ideal spot for smaller indoor cooking classes.
- Spa room for on-site spa pampering and healing treatments. Our specially trained therapists embody the Balinese healing philosophy of Tri Hita Karana, which encourages us to nurture greater harmony with our spirit, the environment and one another. Guests are delighted to know they can enjoy all their included pampering treatments without stepping outside the villa.
- Hammocks dotted around the gardens and meditation pods on the first floor balcony offer restful places to meditate, read, snooze or listen to music.
- The balcony also provides a viewing platform for Bali's beautiful sunsets.
Gourmet organic cuisine
Gourmet organic cuisine is a highlight of all retreats at the Seventh Seal. We believe that healthy eating can and should be as delicious as it is nutritious. That's why all our meals are designed to wake-up your tastebuds while boosting your vitality.
The retreat's organic gourmet menu includes colourful, flavourful wholefoods with an abundance of vegetables, fruits, wholegrains, legumes, nuts, organic freerange eggs and local, sustainable seafood. The retreat menu is naturally free from red meat, gluten, dairy, refined sugar and refined salt. We can also accommodate special dietary needs.
Our food philosophy is based on local, seasonal and organic ingredients. Most fresh ingredients are delivered to the retreat each morning from a local organic farm. Head chef, Ketut, and his talented team then transform these ingredients into creative, nourishing meals and snacks — which are all included in your retreat package.No one is ever hungry and many guests tell us that the retreat has taught them valuable new lessons about caring for themselves through the food choices they make when they return home — and everyone is always eager to take home the recipes!?
Each suite is luxuriously appointed with a soothing design palate, plenty of space to relax, and a beautiful bed to sink into to rest and recharge at any time of the day or night.
All accommodation includes:
- Luxurious bedding and fluffy towels
- Flat screen TV and DVD player in bedroom
- Private ensuite bathroom
- iPod docks with BOSE players
- Local toiletries, hairdryer and bathrobe
Guests can choose from Master, Pool or Asian Suites, each with their own unique features:
The retreat's Master Suites are the definition of luxury: each with a king-size bed, generous living areas, dressing room, Asian artefacts, a private balcony or terrace, and an expansive bathroom with granite tub and rain shower.
These spacious suites have glass sliding doors opening directly onto a poolside terrace. The suites are connected by a solid teak door, which can be opened to make one large suite, making it adaptable for groups travelling together. Both Pool Suites include an expansive dressing room and bathroom with a freestanding granite tub and rain shower.
These two identical suites each feature twin beds, which can be joined to make a king. Chinese-inspired furnishings complete these charming rooms, which share a covered outdoor furnished terrace, offering a quiet space to relax.